A simple, easy-to-make sun dried tomato alfredo sauce tossed with pasta. It’s what to make on those nights when there’s just no time to cook.
Sun Dried Tomato Alfredo
Three cheers for 5 ingredients! Or maybe 5 cheers are in order because this creamy, comforting, and easy pasta recipe not only has just 5 ingredients, but it also takes less than 30 minutes to go from pan to plate.
We’re taking a simple jar of sun dried tomatoes and combining it with cream, butter, and parmesan cheese to make a sauce that clings to every strand of pasta. In this case, I used bucatini, a thicker-than-spaghetti pasta, that stands up to the sauce with a toothsome bite.
With the weather turning colder and the schedules getting busier this sun dried tomato alfredo is a happy, happy thing. It’s a recipe that will save dinner on those nights when take-out orders or drive-throughs pose a real threat to our cook-our-own-dinner best intentions.
Some Ingredients You’ll Need
- Look for jarred sun dried tomatoes pack in oil. Go ahead and puree the whole jar in the blender, you’ll only use 1/4 cup of the puree for this recipe, so save the rest of it in the fridge. Spread it on sandwiches, whisk it into salad dressings, or stir it into your next batch of spaghetti sauce.
- Butter and cream.
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bucatini pasta works so well with this alfredo, but other long pasta will work fine, too.
That’s it! A 5-ingredient dinner idea to help start your week off right because we all need a creamy, cheesy pan of pasta every once in a while, right?
C’mon, you know you want a bite.
More Alfredo Recipes!
Check out what Girl Gone Gourmet readers think of these decadent alfredo recipes…
Fettuccine Alfredo – Always a classic!
“Simple to make, yet tastes like authentic restaurant quality! Absolutely delicious!! Thank you so much for sharing.”
Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo – roasted red pepper lovers: this one’s for you.
“I found your recipe after searching for a good alfredo recipe on google. Since it was very simple, I gave it a shot. Yumm! Thank you! It’s very easy, took no time to make, looks ah-mazing, & very delicious! Adding this to my collection of favs. Thank you!”
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 5 ounces bucatini
- 1/ 4 cup pureed sun dried tomatoes (see note)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Add the cream and butter to a skillet. Bring it to a simmer over medium heat and stir until the butter has melted. Add the pureed sun dried tomatoes and continue stirring. Let the sauce thicken.
- One the pasta is cooked, transfer it to the skillet using tongs or a pasta spoon. Add the parmesan cheese and toss the pasta in the sauce until it's well coated and the cheese has melted.
I recommend buying a 8.5 ounce jar of sun dried tomatoes packed in oil and pureeing the whole thing using a blender. You will have leftover pureed tomatoes, so save the unused puree. Use it on sandwiches, or add it to tomato sauce for another pasta dinner later in the week. It's also delicious stirred into soups.