Tools You May Find Useful
More Easy Pasta Recipes
Dinner for One: Easy Pasta with Olive Oil & Garlic
This olive oil and garlic pasta (or aglio e olio as it’s known in Italy) is my go-to dinner when I’m on my own. All it takes is a few simple ingredients and about 15 minutes to pull it together! This recipe serves one, but you can easily scale it up if you want a few more servings.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1
- Category: Main Course
- 2 ounces (about 1/8 of box) spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Toss in the spaghetti and cook until al dente. While the pasta is cooking, warm the olive oil over medium low heat. Add in the garlic and let it cook until soft and golden (you may need to lower the heat to keep it from browning too fast). Once the spaghetti is cooked drain it while reserving about 1 tablespoons of the starchy pasta water. Add the spaghetti to the pan with the oil and garlic. Toss the pasta around until it’s coated (this is where you can add in the starchy pasta water to keep the pasta moist if it looks too dry). Add in the parsley and grated cheese, toss to combine and serve.