This is a hearty beef and pasta dinner that is ready in about 30 minutes and uses just one pan for easy clean-up!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup jarred marinara sauce
- ½ tablespoon chopped parsley
- 12 ounces no-boil penne (see note)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning. Cook the beef, breaking it up with a spatula, until browned and cooked through.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes, marinara sauce, and parsley and stir to combine. Add the penne and the vegetable stock. Increase the heat to high and bring to a simmer. Lower the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the penne is tender, stirring frequently. While the pasta is cooking, preheat the oven to broil.
- Uncover the pan and sprinkle the parmesan over the top. Place the mozzarella slices on top. Transfer the pan to the oven and broil until the cheese is melted.
- I haven’t tested this recipe with regular penne, but a few readers have and shared in the comments that it works well, too. Check out the comments section in the post to read their comments!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 491
- Sugar: 5.5g
- Sodium: 771.3mg
- Fat: 15.2g
- Saturated Fat: 6.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 50.5g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 36.1g
- Cholesterol: 86.7mg
Keywords: one-pan beef penne, easy beef penne recipe