Tasty bite-sized pork sausage rolls with apple and sage – make extra because these will disappear fast!
- 2 sheets puff pastry (I box), thawed
- 1 pound pork sausage, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely diced granny smith apple (about 1/2 an apple)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- In a medium bowl mix the pork with the herbs, salt and pepper, and diced apple. In a small bowl beat the egg and milk together.
- Unfold both puff pastry sheets and cut each into thirds (follow the perforations). Divide the pork mixture into 6 equal parts. Roll the divided pork into sausage shapes, equal to the length of the puff pastry strip. Lay each sausage in the middle of each puff pastry strip.
- Brush the edges of the puff pastry with the egg and milk mixture. Wrap the puff pastry around the sausage. Lightly press the seams to seal. Brush the top of each roll with the egg and milk mixture.
- Cut each roll in half, then each half in half, then each quarter in half until you have 8 equal pieces. Place the sausage rolls about an inch apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown on top. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: English
- Serving Size: 1 sausage roll
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 0.4g
- Fat: 6.4g
- Carbohydrates: 5.1g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 2.4g
Keywords: sausage rolls, puff pastry sausage rolls