Brie wrapped in puff pastry is a flaky, buttery, warm cheese appetizer perfect for holidays and parties. It’s so easy to make with just four ingredients! Serve it with crackers and fruit for an elegant and delicious easy appetizer.
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1 (8-oz) round Brie cheese (you don’t need to remove the rind)
- ¼ cup fig preserves (see note)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the thawed puff pastry sheet on the baking sheet. Place the brie in the center.
- Spread the fig preserves on top of the brie. Fold the sides of the puff pastry up and over the brie to seal it in. Pinch the puff pastry together to completely seal and cut off any excess puff pastry. Use the excess pastry for decoration for the top of the baked brie, if desired.
- Brush the egg over the top and sides of the puff pastry. Bake it for 30 to 40 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Allow the brie to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Preserves Tip: There are a lot of options for the preserves. If you don’t want to use fig, try apricot jam, cranberry, raspberry jam, strawberry… you could even use leftover cranberry sauce – feel free to experiment. You can leave the preserves out, but the bright flavor balances the richness of the cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 299
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Sodium: 269mg
- Fat: 20.3g
- Saturated Fat: 6.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 20.6g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 51.7mg
Keywords: baked brie, puff pastry baked brie