Make taco night extra fun with these double decker baked tacos!
For the Beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili (or taco) seasoning
For the Beans
- 1 (16-oz) can of refried pinto beans
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
For the Tacos
- 10 fajita-sized flour tortillas
- 10 crunchy taco shells
- 1/4 cup enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
For the Toppings
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Juice of one lime
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped lettuce like spinach, iceberg, or romaine
- 2–3 tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook the ground beef until it’s browned and no longer pink. Drain off the excess fat and then stir in the chili seasoning. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of shredded cheese with the refried beans. Spread each tortilla with about 2 tablespoons of the refried beans. Fold the tortilla around one crunchy shell, lightly press the flour tortilla so it adheres to the crunchy shell. Place the taco shell in a 9×3″ baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas and shells.
- Next, fill each taco with about a 1/4 cup of the ground beef and top it with a drizzle of enchilada sauce. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of shredded cheese over the top of the tacos.
- Bake the tacos, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until they are warmed through and the cheese has melted.
- While the tacos are baking make the sour cream sauce by combining the lime, cilantro, salt, and sour cream in a small bowl. Top the tacos with a drizzle of sour cream, chopped lettuce, and chopped tomatoes.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 442
- Sugar: 2.1g
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 42.8g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 18.7g
Keywords: baked tacos, double decker tacos, beef tacos recipe