These BBQ chicken quesadillas are deliciously messy! Stuffed with BBQ chicken, homemade guacamole, and plenty of melted pepper jack cheese they’re sure to be a hit as game-day snack or dinner.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup store-bought BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 8 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
For the Guacamole
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Pound the chicken out to a thickness of 1/4-1/2″ thick. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. In a 10-inch skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken for four to five minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. In the same pan, cook the onion over medium heat or until it’s softened. Add the BBQ sauce and chopped cilantro and stir to combine.
- Shred or thinly slice the chicken. Transfer it to the pan with the BBQ sauce and stir. Simmer the chicken in the sauce for a few minutes, then take the pan off the heat and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados with a fork until they are broken down. Add the lime juice, salt, and cilantro and stir to combine.
- To make the quesadillas, spread the guacamole on one-half of each of the tortillas. Top with the BBQ chicken and shredded cheese. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling.
- Coat the bottom of a non-stick skillet with a thin layer of olive oil. Heat the pan over medium heat and then cook each quesadilla on each side until they are crispy and browned. Slice each quesadilla in half and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 699
- Sugar: 17.7g
- Fat: 21.7g
- Carbohydrates: 54.6g
- Fiber: 7.3g
- Protein: 33.7g
Keywords: chicken quesadillas, avocado quesadillas