30-minute beef and broccoli! This recipe serves two people with some leftovers, which are great reheated the next day. Be sure to prep all of the ingredients first because all of it cooks very fast. Serve it rice, or noodles, or just all on its own. No take-out menu required.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 12 oz sirloin, sliced thin
- Cooked white rice, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, ginger paste, and cornstarch until combined. Set the sauce aside.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat until it’s hot, but not smoking. Rotate the pan to ensure the oil evenly coats the bottom of the pan. Adjust the heat to medium and add the broccoli to the pan. Cook it in the oil, stirring frequently, until it’s crisp-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the broccoli to a plate and set aside.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of oil to the same pan. Once it’s heated, add the sliced sirloin in an even layer. Cook the beef for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the beef to the plate with the broccoli and set aside.
- Pour the sauce into the pan. Simmer the sauce for 2 to 3 minutes, or until it thickens. Add the broccoli and beef to the pan and stir to coat it in the sauce. Cook them in the sauce for a minute or so. Serve with the cooked white rice.
Nutrition estimates do not include the white rice.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American Chinese
- Serving Size: 1/3 of recipe
- Calories: 447
- Sugar: 5.1g
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 12.1g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 58g
Keywords: easy beef and broccoli recipe, quick beef and broccoli, homemade beef and broccoli