Fudgy and rich peanut butter brownies with a layer of peanut butter filling baked inside and a swirl of it on top. If you’re a fan of peanut butter cups, you will love this brownie recipe.
Peanut Butter Filling
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Peanut Butter Swirl Topping
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place a piece of parchment paper on a 9×9″ baking pan.
Make the Peanut Butter Filling:
- Mix the creamy peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk with a hand mixer in a large bowl. The mixture is ready when you can press it together.
- Scoop it out of the bowl and place it on the parchment paper. Press the mixture into the pan with your hands so it is in an even layer and filling the pan. Use the parchment paper to lift it out and then set it aside.
Make the Brownie Batter:
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Place the butter and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt them in the microwave in 30-second increments. Stir between each increment until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the melted chocolate with both kinds of sugar. It will look a little grainy which is fine. Add the vanilla and then add the eggs one at a time and mix until the batter is smooth after each egg addition.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients to the wet ones until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Grease the 9×9 square pan with non-stick cooking spray or line the pan with parchment paper.
- Place half of the brownie mixture into the pan and spread it into an even layer.
- Using a small knife, cut the formed peanut butter filling into four squares. Place the peanut butter filling pieces on the batter so the layer is covering the brownie batter.
- Top the filling with the rest of the brownie batter and spread it into an even layer.
Make the Peanut Butter Swirl Topping
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the creamy peanut butter and peanut butter chips in the microwave for approximately 40 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Using a spoon, drop dollops of the topping onto the batter.
- Use a knife run lines on the top layer of brownie batter (you do not need to cut down through peanut butter filling) to make the swirl design on the surface.
Bake the Brownies
- Bake the brownies for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool them in the pan before removing and slicing.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 327
- Sugar: 30.6g
- Sodium: 116.6mg
- Fat: 18.7g
- Saturated Fat: 8.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 37.1g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6.3g
- Cholesterol: 50.3mg
Keywords: peanut butter brownies, peanut butter swirl brownies, fudgy peanut butter brownies