This blue cheese pasta with steak is rich and decadent dinner.
- 8 ounces casarecce pasta (see note)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chuck tender steak (see note)
- 8 ounces blue cheese (see note)
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the steak by first seasoning all sides with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pan over medium-high heat. Cook the steak for about 3 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness. I prefer mine pretty pink in the middle, but if you like yours more well-done cook it a few minutes longer on each side. Remove the steak from the pan and cover it with foil. Let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it.
- When the pasta is done boiling, drain it and then return it to the same pot. Lower the heat to low and pour in the half and half and add the butter. Crumble the blue cheese into the pasta. The smaller you crumble it, the better otherwise it will take longer for it to melt into a sauce. Stir the pasta with the cheese, half and half, and butter using the spatula to break up the cheese, if necessary. Continuing stirring until the sauce is smooth. Season the pasta and sauce with the salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon the pasta onto a bowl or plate. Top the pasta with the sliced steak. Garnish the plates with the chopped walnuts and parsley.
I love a fun pasta shape so for this recipe I used casarecce – I found it at my store, but if you can’t track it down any short pasta will work, like penne or ziti.
I used thin chuck tender steaks that I found at my local grocery store. You can use any steak you like, but if they’re thicker they will take longer to cook.
I used a creamy blue cheese because it melts easily into the pasta. I saved a little extra on the side to use as garnish.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 863
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Sodium: 1056.8mg
- Fat: 31.4g
- Carbohydrates: 88.3g
- Fiber: 7.2g
- Protein: 58g
Keywords: blue cheese pasta