Juicy boneless skinless chicken breasts with a crispy oven-baked breadcrumb coating. This breaded baked chicken is a weeknight go-to favorite.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh herbs (see note)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup panko
- 2 pounds chicken breasts (see note)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a small bowl combine the Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and herbs and set aside. In a shallow dish combine the garlic powder, bread crumbs, and panko.
- Place some cling wrap over the chicken breasts and pound them out until they are of even thickness, about one inch thick. Season them well on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken breasts with the mayonnaise mixture and then coat them with the bread crumb mixture.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and drizzle each chicken breast with the olive oil (about a 1/2 to 1 teaspoon over each). Bake the chicken breasts for 20-30 minutes at 400°f or until the internal temperature is 165°F. Optional: in the last few minutes of the bake time turn the oven to broil and finish baking the chicken breasts, This will get you an extra crispy coating.
Use any combination of herbs that you like. I used fresh thyme, some chives, and parsley because that’s what I had on hand. I used two very large chicken breasts (almost 1 pound each). After I pounded them out I cut them in half making four servings.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 441
- Sugar: 0.9g
- Sodium: 1599mg
- Fat: 19.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4g
- Carbohydrates: 9.9g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 53.3g
- Cholesterol: 171.4mg
Keywords: breaded baked chicken, crispy baked chicken, easy chicken recipe