Creamy Cajun chicken alfredo combines a cheesy Alfredo sauce with Cajun seasonings and chicken for a 30-minute dinner that will satisfy a craving for pasta.
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 pound chicken breasts tenderloins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 8 tablespoons sliced unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- 1/4 chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta following the package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, place the tenderloins in a bowl and coat them with olive oil. Add the Cajun seasoning and stir (or use your hands) to coat them evenly.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Once it’s melted, add the chicken and cook the pieces on both sides until cooked through. About five to eight minutes depending on how thick your tenderloins are.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and take the chicken out of the pan and place them on a cutting board. Slice them into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the cream to the butter and whisk to combine. Cook the sauce on low heat for a few minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Add the cheese and stir until it melts into the sauce. Add the sliced chicken, cooked pasta, and parsley to the sauce. Use tongs to toss it all with the sauce until evenly coated.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 778
- Sugar: 3.1g
- Sodium: 313.3mg
- Fat: 38.3g
- Saturated Fat: 20.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 14.2g
- Trans Fat: 38.3g
- Carbohydrates: 66g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 41.5g
- Cholesterol: 167.9g
Keywords: cajun alfredo, cajun chicken alfredo