This Cajun shrimp pasta is a quick 20-minute dinner and perfect for busy weeknights.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (see note)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Boil the pasta following package direction. Place the shrimp in a medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning over the top and toss the shrimp to coat them evenly. Set them aside.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Place the shrimp in a single layer in the pan and cook them for about two minutes and then turn them and cook them for another two minutes. If your pasta is not done at this point, remove the shrimp from the pan so they don’t overcook. Turn the stove heat to low so the butter doesn’t brown or burn.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it to the pan along with the shrimp. Add the lemon juice and parsley and toss it all together.
Depending on how much salt is in your seasoning mix you may want to add extra to the recipe. You can always add a few pinches right at the end if needed.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 417
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 724.4mg
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated Fat: 7.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 44.2g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 30.7g
- Cholesterol: 213mg
Keywords: cajun shrimp pasta, easy shrimp pasta recipe