Orecchiette, or “little ears” pasta, hold the sauce and all the bites of tender chicken and broccoli and makes for a wonderfully comforting dinner.
- 8 ounces orecchiette pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper on both sides
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Zest from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken breasts on both sides until browned and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- In the same pan, cook the broccoli florets and garlic for about five minutes or so before adding the lemon zest. Add the chicken stock and scrape up the browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Continue cooking another five minutes, or until the broccoli is fork tender. While the broccoli is cooking cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Remove the broccoli and garlic from the pan.
- Melt the butter in the same pan and sprinkle the flour over the top. Whisk the butter and flour together until it forms a paste. Add the cream and whisk it with the flour and butter until incorporated. Cook the cream for 5-10 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Add the cheese and whisk until it’s melted into the cream. Stir in the parsley.
- Add the chicken, broccoli, and pasta to the cream sauce. Stir well to coat everything in the sauce.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 632
- Sugar: 4.2g
- Sodium: 310.9g
- Fat: 40.4g
- Carbohydrates: 36.8g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 31g
Keywords: chicken pasta, chicken and broccoli pasta