Just like a BLT sandwich, but salad-style with some chicken to make it a filling lunch or dinner. It’s all here – crispy bacon, juicy cherry tomatoes, a creamy yogurt-mayo dressing, plus easy homemade croutons. Perfect for a light dinner or prep ahead for easy lunches. If making ahead, be sure to store the components separately until ready to serve.
- 1 slice country white sandwich bread, cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon
- 8 oz (1/2-inch-thick ) boneless chicken breast, seasoned with kosher salt
- 6 cups torn green leaf lettuce
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. On a baking sheet, spread the bread cubes into an even layer. Coat the cubes with the olive oil, garlic powder, and salt stirring them around to coat them evenly. Bake them for 5 minutes. Stir them around the sheet pan and bake them for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until they are lightly toasted. Set them aside to cool.
- While the croutons bake, make the dressing. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, and salt. Set the dressing aside.
- Place the bacon in a 10-inch skillet and turn the heat to medium. Cook the bacon until it’s crispy and has rendered its fat. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel. Remove the excess bacon fat from the pan, leaving just enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- In the same pan, cook the chicken over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes on one side. Turn the chicken and cook it for 4 to 5 minutes, or until its internal temperature is 165 degrees. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board to rest while you make the salads.
- Divide the lettuce and tomatoes between two plates or bowls. Slice the bacon slices into 1-inch pieces and place on the salads. Slice the chicken and place it on the salads. Top the salads with the croutons, drizzle the dressing over the top, and finish it off with ground black pepper, to taste.
- Category: Salads
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 460
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.2g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 36.9g