This chicken broccoli Alfredo is a 30-minute dinner that you only need a handful of ingredients to make. Finely chopped broccoli is cooked in the Alfredo sauce so the whole dish is infused with broccoli flavor. It’s a creamy and comforting pasta dinner.
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 broccoli crowns (approximately 11 ounces), cut into florets and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil the pasta following package instructions. While the pasta cooks, slice the chicken breasts in half crosswise. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and all of the pepper.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in a large pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken on both sides until golden and cooked through, about four minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board.
- In the same pan, melt the rest of the butter. Add the broccoli and garlic and cook them in the butter for about five minutes. Add the cream and bring it to a light simmer.
- Add the cheese and stir until it’s melted into the sauce. Simmer the sauce for about five minutes or so. It will thicken a bit as it simmers.
- While the sauce simmers, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add the chicken to the sauce and stir. Add the cooked pasta and stir to coat it evenly in the sauce.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Italian-American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 765
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Sodium: 873.8mg
- Fat: 42.6g
- Saturated Fat: 25.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 44.7g
- Cholesterol: 194.9mg
Keywords: chicken alfredo recipe, chicken broccoli alfredo, alfredo recipe with chicken