Buying thin sliced chicken breasts make these chicken cordon bleu roll-ups an easy weeknight dinner – in the time it takes to preheat the oven you can have them assembled and ready to go with minimal prep. They’re filled with ham and melty gruyere cheese and topped with crispy bread crumbs.
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs (unseasoned)
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 large deli slices of ham, each cut in half
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Once combined set it aside.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat on a cutting board. Place the ham on each and divided the cheese equally across each chicken breast. Roll the chicken breast up and place it, seam side down, on a baking sheet or baking dish. Top each rolled-up chicken breast with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature should be at least 165 degrees). Remove from the oven and serve.
I used chicken breasts that were already sliced thin for this recipe, which cuts out some prep time. If you are using regular chicken breasts, just slice each in half. You may need to use a mallet or rolling pin to pound out the chicken so it’s thin enough to easily roll-up. Depending on the thickness and size of the chicken you use, cooking time may be shorter or longer – always use a meat thermometer to check doneness!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 roll-ups
- Calories: 476
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Sodium: 1196mg
- Fat: 22.8g
- Saturated Fat: 9.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15.2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 49.9g
- Cholesterol: 149.3mg
Keywords: chicken cordon bleu roll-ups, chicken roll-up recipe