A rotisserie chicken makes these chicken gyros a simple assembly operation instead of a cooking project. The soft pitas are filled with tender chicken, fresh tomatoes, cucumber and creamy-cool tzatziki. Use your favorite store-bought tzatziki sauce or make a batch of homemade tzatziki a few hours before you want to serve the gryos.
- 6 pita, warmed
- 12 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 9 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 of English cucumber, seeded and cut into small sticks
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cups store-bought or homemade tzatziki sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill and/or mint
- Divide the chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, and onion evenly among the pita.
- Top each with the tzatziki sauce, feta, and garnish with the chopped dill and/or mint.
The nutrition information includes the homemade tzatziki sauce (approximately 1 cup), so if you use store-bought the estimate will vary.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Greek
- Serving Size: 1 gyro
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 5.2g
- Sodium: 682.4mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 40.5g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 27.4g
- Cholesterol: 60.5mg
Keywords: easy chicken gyros, chicken wraps