Chicken salad with crumbled blue cheese and crispy bacon is a delicious twist on a classic sandwich.
For the Sandwiches
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 (10-oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked (see note)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 8 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- Tomato slices
- Romain lettuce
- Alfalfa sprouts
- In a non-stick skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, mayonnaise, parsley, blue cheese, and lemon juice. Give it a taste and season with additional salt, if needed.
- Divide the chicken salad between four bread slices, top with the bacon and other toppings if using.
When I grill chicken, I like to cook extra for sandwiches like this one. I just season the chicken with salt and pepper, cook it, and keep it in the refrigerator until I’m ready to make sandwiches. I used Pepperidge Farm Whole Grain Bread. Depending on the brand you use the nutrition estimates may vary.
- Category: Sandwiches
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 749
- Sugar: 6.4g
- Sodium: 954.4mg
- Fat: 46.4g
- Carbohydrates: 41.7g
- Fiber: 9.6g
- Protein: 31.9g
Keywords: chicken salad, chicken salad sandwiches