A hearty and wholesome cranberry banana oat bread.
Cranberry Banana Oat Bread
I may need to rename this blog to Girl Gone Cranberry. I mean, this is the third cranberry recipe in less than two weeks, but they are so good! I couldn’t resist sharing just one more recipe – this time an easy cranberry banana oat bread – so I hope you don’t mind one more round. Are you with me?
Important note: there is a lot of stuff in this bread. Bananas: check. Cranberries: check. Walnuts: check. Oats: check. It’s a hearty bread that has all kinds of wonderful texture thanks to the whopping one cup of walnuts plus the oats. I love the little pops of red from the cranberries – each slice has a little bit of tartness. However, there’s so much stuff in this bread it teeters on the side of falling apart when it’s sliced, so it’s best sliced thick – it holds together just fine that way.
Instead of baking up one giant loaf I divided the batter into two smaller loaf pans – I froze one and have been snacking on the other. It’s great in the morning with some coffee or as a pick-me-up to battle the 4 o’clock holiday hangover slump. As in, I’m not quite ready to get back to my normal routine so can we please work in our jammies all day? Thanks, that would be great.
So, here we go – one last cranberry recipe until the holidays roll back around…
More Baking RecipesPrint
Cranberry Banana Oat Bread
A hearty banana bread with cranberries, walnuts and oats.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 2 small loaves 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Juice from half of a lemon
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two small loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the mashed bananas, melted butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, salt. Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the chopped cranberries. The batter will be thick.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean (start checking at 30 minutes – mine took about 35 minutes to bake, but your oven may be different). Allow the bread to cool in the pan before removing and slicing.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 285
- Fat: 12.1g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 4.6g