Ravioli in a creamy parmesan sauce topped with crispy breadcrumbs is a comforting dinner for two.
For the Ravioli
- 1 (9-oz) package fresh cheese ravioli
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Topping
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish (optional)
- Boil the ravioli according to package directions. Drain and set it aside while you make the sauce.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook it all together for a minute or so. Add the flour and stir until a paste forms. Cook the paste for a minute or so stirring continuously.
- Slowly add the milk and whisk to create a smooth sauce. Cook the sauce over medium heat until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about ten minutes. Add the cheese and stir until it has melted into the sauce. Add the black pepper and stir again.
- Add the cooked ravioli to the pan with the sauce and gently stir it to coat it in the sauce. Divide the pasta and sauce between two oven-safe bowls.
- Turn the broiler on and place an oven rack in the top spot in the oven. In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and cheese. Sprinkle the mixture over the pasta in the bowls. Top the breadcrumbs with the cubed butter. Place the bowls on a sheet pan and transfer them to the oven. Broil until the breadcrumbs are toasted, about three to five minutes. Garnish with chopped chives, if using.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 859
- Sugar: 8.3g
- Sodium: 1341.9mg
- Fat: 42.6g
- Saturated Fat: 25.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 80.1g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 39.4g
- Cholesterol: 142.1mg
Keywords: parmesan cream sauce, ravioli in cream sauce