- 16 ounces whole cremini mushrooms, large ones quartered or halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 20-ounce package cheese tortellini
- 1-pint grape tomatoes, large ones halved
- 1/3 cup store-bought pesto
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread the mushrooms in a single layer on a large baking sheet lined with tin foil. Drizzle the olive oil over them and give them a light toss. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt over them, as well. Roast them for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and add the grape tomatoes. Return the pan to the oven and roast them for another 15 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, boil the tortellini for approximately half of the recommended time on the package. Reserve 1/4 cup of the starchy pasta water.
- While the pasta is boiling, warm the pesto over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Once heated, pour in the heavy cream and add the parmesan cheese and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir until the cream is heated through and the cheese has melted.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the same pot. Pour the pesto cream sauce over the pasta (it will be very thin). Gently stir to combine the pasta with the sauce. Over medium heat, cook the pasta with the sauce until the sauce has thickened, about five minutes. If needed, added a splash or two of the starchy pasta water to help thicken it.
- Serve the pasta with the tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Course