This four-ingredient chocolate candy is so easy to make. Also known as crock pot Christmas “crack”, it’s a combination of dark chocolate, peanuts, vanilla candy, and peanut butter chips. It keeps well at room temperature and is great for gifting.
- 16 ounces salted roasted peanuts (see note)
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate (60%), broken into pieces (see note)
- 1 (10-ounce) bag peanut butter chips
- 1 (16-ounce) bag vanilla candy coating (see note)
- Pour the peanuts into the slow cooker and spread them into an even layer.
- Place the dark chocolate, peanut butter chips and vanilla candy coating on top of the peanuts.
- Set the slow cooker to low for 30 minutes. Give it all a stir and continue cooking it on low for another 30 minutes, or until it’s all melted.
- Stir the melted candy well so it’s completely combined. Line up your mini liners on a baking sheet and fill each with a generous tablespoon of the melted candy. I used a small cookie scoop or you can use a small spoon. I filled the liners almost all the way which yields about 70 candies.
- Chill the candy until hardened. They will keep well at room temperature as long as it’s not too warm. Or, you can store them in the refridgerator.
I love the salty-sweet combo, but if you’re not into it you can use plain roasted peanuts instead. Also, I like to use dark chocolate bars but you can also use dark chocolate chips. If you can’t find vanilla candy coating you can substitute the same amount of almond bark.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Candy
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 candy
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 52.6mg
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12.9g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.3g
Keywords: crockpot christmas crack, chocolate peanut clusters,