This pineapple smoothie has a whole orange, some banana, and a touch of ginger. It’s a bright and fresh way to start the day! See the recipe notes for some tips and tricks in making your smoothie.
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments (see notes)
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 a frozen banana (see notes)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste (see notes)
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- I used a high-powered blender to make my smoothie, which can easily break down orange segments. If you are worried, you can just squeeze the juice from the orange and add it to the smoothie. If you do this, just add a few more banana slices or pineapple chunks.
- I like to slice and freeze banana slices to make it easy to add them to smoothies. To do this, just slice the bananas and place the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer until the slices are frozen. Transfer the slices to a freezer bag and keep frozen.
- If you love ginger, increase the amount to 1 teaspoon for an extra kick of flavor.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 209
- Sugar: 42.8g
- Sodium: 66.8mg
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 51.1g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: pineapple smoothie, pineapple orange smoothie