Creamy egg salad piled on everything bagels along with smoked salmon and alfalfa sprouts. These smoked salmon egg salad sandwiches are a favorite summertime lunch.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 everything bagels, toasted
- 4 slices thin-sliced smoked salmon
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped eggs, onion, mayonnaise, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Place two slices of salmon on one half of each bagel. Top with the egg salad, alfalfa sprouts, and the other bagel half.
3-qt Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs: First, prepare an ice bath for the eggs to cool them quickly after they are cooked. Place the wire rack in the Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water and place the eggs on the rack. Secure the lid, close the steam vent, and cook the eggs using the high-pressure setting for 5 minutes. Once the timer goes off let the steam release naturally for 5 minutes. Cover the steam valve with a towel and open it to quickly release the rest of the steam. Transfer the eggs to the ice bath. Once cooled, peel the eggs and discard the shells.
Stovetop hard-boiled eggs: Prepare an ice bath for the cooked eggs. Place the eggs in a small saucepan and cover them with cold water. Bring the water to a boil over high heat, cover the saucepan with a lid, and take the pan off the heat. Leave the eggs in the covered pan for 9-10 minutes. Transfer the eggs to the ice bath. Once cooled, peel the eggs and discard the shells.
- Category: Sandwiches
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 590
- Sugar: 7.5g
- Sodium: 1914.7mg
- Fat: 23.3g
- Carbohydrates: 54.1g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 38.8g
Keywords: egg salad