Yes, you read that right. There are black beans in the brownies. Stay with me on this.
More Chocolate Recipes
📩 Want more delicious recipe ideas? Sign up and get the free email series Gourmet Made Easy plus new recipes delivered to your inbox!Print
Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste
- 14 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dutch process cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the black beans and eggs until smooth. Combine the beans and eggs (I know, it sounds totally weird, but trust me on this!) with the cocoa, sugar, oil, milk, balsamic vinegar, baking powder, baking soda and coffee in a large bowl. Stir until smooth. Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the mini milk chocolate chips over the top. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow the brownies to cool completely before slicing.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: black bean brownies, flourless brownies