Mushrooms stuffed with warm goat cheese and a crispy breadcrumb topping. This recipe makes 18 stuffed mushrooms.
- 18 whole cremini mushrooms (about 8-ounce package)
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and discard.
- In a small bowl, mix the goat cheese with the herbes de Provence. Add the milk and combine. In another small bowl combine the breadcrumbs, parsley, and butter. Toss the mushrooms in the olive oil and balsamic.
- Place the mushroom caps on the baking sheet. Fill each mushroom with approximately 1 teaspoon of the goat cheese. Top each mushroom with approximately 1/2 tablespoon of the breadcrumb mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs are browned and crispy. Serve warm.
Depending on the size of your mushrooms you may have goat cheese leftover – don’t toss it out! It’s great as a spread for crackers or on sandwiches.
- Category: Appetizer
- Serving Size: 3 stuffed mushrooms
- Calories: 115
- Fat: 9.5g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 5.5g