These rich and cheesy chicken enchiladas are the ultimate comfort food. Use a rotisserie chicken to make the prep work really easy!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces diced green chilis, drained
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups storebought or easy homemade enchilada sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread a thin layer (about 1/4 cup) of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9×13″ baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese and green chilis and stir well. Divide and spread the cream cheese mixture evenly among the tortillas.
- Top one of the tortillas with some chicken, 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and then roll it up and place it in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Pour the sauce over the top of the tortillas and top it off with 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Cover the dish with tin foil and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking it for 10 more minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese has melted. Allow to rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 enchilada
- Calories: 584
- Sugar: 7.6g
- Sodium: 1675.9mg
- Fat: 34.9g
- Saturated Fat: 17.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 36.8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 30.5g
- Cholesterol: 119.9mg
Keywords: green chile chicken enchiladas