These hot roast beef sandwiches are quick and easy thanks to a simple cheddar cheese sauce (from Bon Appetit) that’s made in the microwave.
- 1 1/2 tsp creamy horseradish
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 pound thin-sliced roast beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- Combine the horseradish and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Place the shredded cheese in another small bowl and toss it with the cornstarch. Add the evaporated milk and heat it in the microwave for about minute or so until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and add the roast beef. Cook it for a few minutes until it’s warmed through. If needed heat it again for 30 seconds before you build the sandwiches. Divide the horseradish mayonnaise among the buns (I like it on the bottom bun). Top with the roast beef and cheese sauce. Serve warm.
- Category: Burgers & Sandwiches
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 463
- Fat: 27.5g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 13.9g
Keywords: hot roast beef sandwiches, easy cheese sauce