Hot roast beef sandwiches topped with a creamy pepper jack cheese sauce.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 pound thin-sliced deli roast beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir until combined. Slowly pour the milk into the pan, whisking continuously. Heat the milk until it starts to thicken. Add the cheese and stir until it’s melted and the sauce is thickened.
- Divide the roast beef between the hamburger buns. Top the beef with some of the cheese sauce. Wrap the sandwiches in foil and place them on a sheet pan. Warm them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or so. Lower the heat to 250 if you want to keep them warm.
- Category: Sandwiches
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 364
- Sugar: 8.9g
- Sodium: 423.8g
- Fat: 11.5g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: hot roast beef sandwiches, cheese sauce