This Italian meatball soup is cozy, comforting and ridiculously easy to make. You only need six ingredients and 15 minutes to make it.
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup jarred marinara sauce
- 12 ounces frozen Italian-style beef meatballs (see note)
- 3 ounces fusilli pasta
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring the broth, water and marinara sauce to a boil over high heat. Add the meatballs and as soon as the liquid starts to boil again add the pasta.
- Adjust the heat so you maintain a low boil, about medium heat. Cover and simmer the soup for 5 minutes. Uncover and simmer the soup for 6 to 7 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of parsley to the soup and stir. Garnish each serving with the grated cheese and the rest of the parsley.
Choose smaller meatballs that are 1/2-ounce or 1-ounce big. You can use beef meatballs or turkey meatballs.
Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste
- Category: Soups
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: Italian-American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 473
- Sugar: 7.9g
- Sodium: 1501.8mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 7.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 44.9g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
Keywords: easy Italian meatball soup