This jalapeno popper dip is an easy appetizer recipe. You can make it a day in advance and serve it with crackers or chips. Or, use it as a spread to make pinwheels, sandwiches, or wraps. It has all of the flavors of bacon-wrapped jalapeno wrappers but served up cold and creamy as a dip instead.
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened (see note)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 slices cooked and finely chopped bacon
- 1 large jalapeno pepper (stem, ribs, and seeds removed), finely chopped (see note)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and sour cream. Add the chopped bacon, chopped jalapeno, cilantro, lime zest, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Chill the dip for a few hours before serving so the flavors can develop. Let it stand a room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before serving so it softens and is easier to spread. Serve with chips, crackers or small bread slices.
- It’s a lot easier to mix the dip by hand if the cream cheese is at room temperature. If I forget to leave mine out, I just cut cold cream cheese into cubes and mix it with the sour cream in the food processor.
- You want approximately 1 1/2 to 2 ounces of jalapenos, so if yours are small you may need a few more.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 179
- Sugar: 1.9g
- Fat: 16.3g
- Carbohydrates: 2.9g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 5.7g
Keywords: jalapeno dip, jalapeno popper dip, jalapeno cream cheese spread