This lemon-garlic chicken is a light and fresh 30-minute dinner.
For the Sauce
- 1 cup lemon juice (about 5 large lemons)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic (about 4 to 5 large cloves)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
For the Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces and seasoned with salt and pepper
- Sliced green onions
- Sesame seeds
- Cooked rice
- Make the sauce: Combine the lemon juice, zest, vinegar, garlic, soy sauce, ginger, honey and cornstarch in a small bowl. Set the sauce aside while you prepare the chicken.
- Cook the chicken: In a 3.5-quart skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Place the chicken pieces in the skillet and cook them in the oil for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Cook the sauce: Add the chopped peppers to the pan that you cooked the chicken in. Cook the peppers for a few minutes or until they start to soften. Add the sauce and bring it to a simmer with the peppers. Simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes or until it thickens. When you drag the spatula or spoon across the bottom of the pan you should be able to see the bottom of the pan before the sauce runs back over it.
- Place the cooked chicken back in the pan and stir to coat it in the sauce. Serve with rice and top each serving with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
The nutrition estimate is for the chicken and sauce only and does not include the cooked rice, green onions, and sesame seeds.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 12.2g
- Fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrates: 18.5g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 26.8g
Keywords: lemon-garlic chicken recipe, chicken rice bowls