Breakfast just got easier with these sheet pan pancakes. Instead of standing at the stove flipping pancakes, make the batter and bake it in the oven. Slice and serve these pancake squares with warm maple syrup and powdered sugar for an easy weekend breakfast.
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13” rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray. Melt 1/4 cup of butter in the microwave.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix just until combined. The batter will be lumpy.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and top it with the sliced strawberries. Bake for 15 minutes. While it’s baking melt two tablespoons of butter.
- Take the pan out of the oven and turn on the broiler. Brush the top with butter and sprinkle the sugar over the top. Broil for a few minutes until golden brown in spots.
- Slice and serve the pancake squares with a dusting of powdered sugar and warm maple syrup.
You can also bake the batter in a 9×13″ cake pan.
Pancake recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3 pancake squares
- Calories: 443
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 279.1mg
- Fat: 22.9g
- Saturated Fat: 13.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 49.6g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 10.7g
- Cholesterol: 147.2mg
Keywords: oven pancakes, baked pancakes, sheet pan pancakes