Tender New York strip steak tossed with spinach, pasta and a tangy dijon mustard and balsamic dressing.
- .5 pound New York strip steak
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces of penne pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl combine the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Season the steak on all sides with the mixture and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve a couple tablespoons of the starchy water before draining the pasta.
- While the pasta cooks, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a medium-sized pan over medium heat. Cook the steak for 5-7 minutes on each side (depends on how pink you like it – 7 minutes will be barely pink). Remove the steak from the pan and leave it on a plate to rest before slicing.
- Whisk together the remaining olive oil, balsamic, and mustard in a small bowl.
- Once the pasta is finished cooking toss it with the dressing, reserved pasta water, sliced steak, parsley, and spinach until the spinach starts to wilt a bit. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons of feta cheese.
- Serve the pasta warm, at room temperature, or store it in the fridge to enjoy cold.
Adapted from Food Network
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Searing
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 538
- Sugar: 5.4g
- Sodium: 969.1mg
- Fat: 25.3g
- Saturated Fat: 10.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 42.7g
- Fiber: 7.7g
- Protein: 33.3g
- Cholesterol: 107.9mg
Keywords: steak pasta, easy beef pasta recipe, pasta with steak and spinach