These easy mini cinnamon rolls are the easiest way to get a cinnamon roll fix! All you need is some store-bought dough and a few minutes to prep them for the oven.
Easy Mini Cinnamon Rolls
There are some convenience food items I can’t resist and pre-made crescent roll dough tops the list. As much as I love to cook from scratch sometimes a girl just wants a cinnamon roll without all the dough-making drama. All the stirring, kneading, rising, rolling, praying and crying is a little too much to handle sometimes. That’s when I summon up the kitchen spirit of Sandra Lee and break out a package of store-bought crescent roll dough.
Some people might scoff and say “Store-bought crescent rolls? No, thank you!” I feel sorry for those people because I bet they haven’t had a cinnamon roll in a long time. I made some from scratch about six years ago and, yes, they were heavenly, but I haven’t made them since. Why? Because they take too much time! For special holidays I’m willing to roll up my sleeves and make some from scratch but on a regular Saturday? Heck no, pass me a can of crescent roll dough, please.
And I realize you can buy cinnamon roll dough in a can, but they are often cloyingly sweet with lots of sugar and cream cheese frosting. These crescent roll cinnamon rolls are sweet, but not overwhelming so and have just a light drizzle of glaze. So, if you want all that cinnamon-y and buttery goodness, but don’t have the time or patience to make rolls from scratch give these quick & easy mini cinnamon rolls a try. I think you’ll be glad you did.
Some Ingredients You’ll Need
- Store-bought crescent roll dough: After you unroll it, smooth the seams so there are no perforations.
- Brush melted butter over the top of the dough.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar over the top of the butter and then roll the dough up jelly-roll style. Slice the roll into eight equal-sized pieces.
- The glaze is just water and powdered sugar, which you can make while the cinnamon rolls bake. Drizzle the glaze over the warm rolls and serve.
💌 Never miss a recipe! Sign up for the Weekly Newsletter to get recipes straight to your inbox.
More Breakfast RecipesPrint
These mini cinnamon rolls are quick and easy thanks to store-bought crescent roll dough.
For the Rolls
- Cooking spray
- 1 tube store-bought crescent roll dough
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Glaze
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a round cake pan or baking dish with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Roll the crescent roll out flat and smooth the seams so there are no perforations. Brush the dough with the melted butter and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the butter.
- Carefully roll the dough into a log and, using a serrated knife, slice the roll in half. Next, slice the two halves in half. Finally, slice each roll in half again so you have 8 rolls. Arrange the rolls, cinnamon swirl side up, in the prepared baking pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the rolls are lightly browned on top.
- While the rolls are baking, make the glaze. In the same small bowl used to make the cinnamon sugar mixture, combine the powdered sugar, water and vanilla. Stir to combine. The glaze should be thin enough to drizzle over the rolls. If it needs thickening, add a small amount of powder sugar. If it needs to be thinner, add a little more water.
- After the rolls have baked, drizzle the glaze over the top – about 1/2 teaspoon for each roll. Serve warm.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 mini roll
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 15.9g
- Sodium: 299.8mg
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 31.4g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 7.6,mg
Keywords: easy cinnamon rolls, mini cinnamon rolls
The nutrition information in this recipe is an estimate only and was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.