Mini Cinnamon Rolls with crescent rolls is an easy way to get a cinnamon roll fix! These little rolls have a swirl of cinnamon sugar and a light glaze. They’re a fun breakfast treat!
Table of contents
Cinnamon Rolls with Crescent Dough
There are some convenience food items I can’t resist and pre-made crescent roll dough tops the list. As much as I love to cook from scratch sometimes a girl just wants a cinnamon roll without all the dough-making drama. All the stirring, kneading, rising, rolling, praying and crying is a little too much to handle sometimes. That’s when I summon up the kitchen spirit of Sandra Lee and break out a package of store-bought crescent roll dough.
Some people might scoff and say “Store-bought crescent rolls? No, thank you!” I feel sorry for those people because I bet they haven’t had a cinnamon roll in a long time. I made some from scratch about six years ago and, yes, they were heavenly, but I haven’t made them since. Why? Because they take too much time! For special holidays I’m willing to roll up my sleeves and make some from scratch but on a regular Saturday? Heck no, pass me a can of crescent roll dough, please.
And I realize you can buy cinnamon roll dough in a can, but they are often cloyingly sweet with lots of sugar and cream cheese frosting. These crescent roll cinnamon rolls are sweet, but not overwhelming so and have just a light drizzle of glaze. So, if you want all that cinnamon-y and buttery goodness, but don’t have the time or patience to make rolls from scratch give these quick and easy mini cinnamon rolls a try. You’ll be glad you did.
- Crescent roll dough
- Melted unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Powdered sugar
How to Make Them
Brush the melted butter on top of the dough. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the top.
Starting at one long side of the dough, roll the dough up into itself like a jelly roll.
Slice the log into eight pieces – the easiest way to do this is to slice the roll in half and then slice each half in half so you have four pieces. Slice each piece in half again so you have eight even-sized rolls.
Place the rolls in a prepared baking pan with the cinnamon swirl side up. Bake them for 12 to 15 minutes at 375°F.
Mix the powdered sugar, vanilla, and water in a small bowl. Drizzle the glaze over the rolls before serving.
More Breakfast Recipes
📣 Do you love this recipe? I would love to know! Leave a comment below the recipe along with your recipe star rating.Print
Easy Mini Cinnamon Rolls
These mini cinnamon rolls are quick and easy thanks to store-bought crescent roll dough.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 mini rolls 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
For the Rolls
- Cooking spray
- 1 tube store-bought crescent roll dough
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Glaze
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a round cake pan or baking dish with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Roll the crescent roll out flat and smooth the seams so there are no perforations. Brush the dough with the melted butter and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the butter.
- Carefully roll the dough into a log and, using a serrated knife, slice the roll in half. Next, slice the two halves in half. Finally, slice each roll in half again so you have 8 rolls. Arrange the rolls, cinnamon swirl side up, in the prepared baking pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the rolls are lightly browned on top.
- While the rolls are baking, make the glaze. In the same small bowl used to make the cinnamon sugar mixture, combine the powdered sugar, water and vanilla. Stir to combine. The glaze should be thin enough to drizzle over the rolls. If it needs thickening, add a small amount of powder sugar. If it needs to be thinner, add a little more water.
- After the rolls have baked, drizzle the glaze over the top – about 1/2 teaspoon for each roll. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 1 mini roll
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 15.9g
- Sodium: 299.8mg
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 31.4g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 7.6mg
Keywords: easy cinnamon rolls, mini cinnamon rolls, cinnamon rolls with crescent dough
The nutrition is an estimate only. It was calculated using Nutrifox, an online nutrition calculator.