This big sandwich combines a fresh caprese sandwich with deli-sliced roast beef. It’s great for picnics or summer get-togethers.
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 3 cup torn green leaf lettuce
- 1 large loaf of soft white bread, sliced in half horizontally (see note)
- 1 pound deli-sliced roast beef
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- Whisk the vinegar, Italian seasoning, and olive oil in a large bowl. Place the lettuce in the bowl, season it with a couple pinches of salt and pepper, and gently toss it to coat it evenly with the dressing.
- Place the lettuce on the bottom half of the bread. Top the lettuce with the roast beef, followed by the mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil. Spring a few pinches of salt over the top of the basil and tomatoes.
- Place the top half of the bread on top of the sandwich. Slice the sandwich into eight smaller sandwiches and serve.
- I bought a large loaf of bread in the bakery section at my grocery store for this recipe. I think this sandwich works best with a soft loaf, instead of one with a chewy crust, so look for something similar where you shop.
- Because the nutritional content varies greatly between types of bread and brands, I have left it out of the nutritional information. The estimate include information for the sandwich fillings only.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/8 of sandwich fillings
- Calories: 172
- Sugar: 1.2g
- Sodium: 666.7mg
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 2.3g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 17.2g
- Cholesterol: 51.3mg
Keywords: roast beef sandwich recipe, big roast beef sandwich, easy roast beef sandwich recipe