Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Shallots
Balsamic roasted brussels sprouts and shallots is an easy side dish that takes only a few minutes to prep. The vegetables caramelize and soften in the oven making them a go-to side for holiday and special occasion meals.
- Author: April @ Girl Gone Gourmet
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dishes
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 2 large shallots
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice off the root end of each sprout and remove the tough outer leaves. Slice large sprouts in half. Slice off the root end of each shallot, break apart the bulbs and remove the outer paper. Slice the large bulbs in quarters, and the others in half.
- Coat a large baking sheet with a thin layer of olive oil. In a small bowl whisk the balsamic and remaining oil until combined. Place the vegetables on the baking sheet, sprinkle the salt over them, and drizzle the balsamic and oil over the top. Toss to coat and then spread the vegetables in an even layer.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, or until the brussels sprouts are tender.
- Calories: 126
- Fat: 5.6g
- Carbohydrates: 17.6g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Protein: 4.9g
Keywords: roasted brussels sprouts, roasted shallots, holiday side dish recipe