Salsa verde eggs is an easy breakfast recipe that takes less than 15 minutes start to finish. Warm corn tortillas topped with eggs cooked in salsa verde just until the whites are set. Add some crumbled cheese, sliced avocado and cilantro and you get a beautiful and delicious breakfast for one.
- 1/2 cup salsa verde (homemade or store-bought, see note)
- 2 eggs
- 2 pinches each of salt and pepper
- 2 corn tortillas, warmed (see note)
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- In a 8-inch non-stick skillet, bring the salsa verde to a simmer. Crack the eggs into the simmering salsa. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook the eggs until the whites are set, but the yolks are still runny. This should take less than five minutes.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper. Slide the eggs and salsa out of the skillet onto the warmed tortillas. Garnish with sliced avocado, feta cheese, and chopped cilantro.
For the salsa, it works best if it’s on the thinner side and not too chunky. If your salsa is thick, whir it in the blender or add some water to thin it out when you cook it.
This is a quick and easy recipe, so I usually warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 10 to 12 seconds. If you have a gas stove, you can also warm them directly on the burner, which will give them some char marks.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mexican-American
- Calories: 456
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 26.4g
- Carbohydrates: 36.4g
- Fiber: 9.9g
- Protein: 20.7g
Keywords: salsa verde eggs, easy breakfast recipe, easy egg recipe