This sesame noodle salad is ready in less than 30 minutes! It’s a great side dish or light dinner for the summer and so, so easy to make. It has lots of noodles, rotisserie chicken, cabbage, and green onions tossed together with a quick and easy sesame peanut sauce.
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- ¼ chopped lightly salted peanuts, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Once cooked, drain and rinse them under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large bowl, whisk the peanut butter with soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, water, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- Place the noodles in the bowl and toss to coat them with the sauce.
- Add in the chicken, cabbage, peanuts, and green onion, toss again until thoroughly incorporated.
Make-ahead tip: If you want to prep this ahead, do all of the steps except wait to combine everything. So store the noodles, sauce, and vegetables separately in the fridge and then combine them before serving. If you combine them before storing, the pasta will soak up the sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salads
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 465
- Sugar: 9.1g
- Sodium: 502.8mg
- Fat: 16.3g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 53.6g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Protein: 30.4g
- Cholesterol: 52.5mg
Keywords: sesame noodles with chicken, noodles with peanut sauce, sesame noodle salad