Combine breaded pork chops on a sheet pan with some parsnips and bacon and you get an easy-to-make-and-clean-up dinner. The parsnips are roasted with a simple honey mustard sauce which adds a tangy note to their roasted sweetness. Add some bacon for smokiness and you get a main dish/side dish combo all on one sheet pan.
For the Pork Chops
- 2 (6-oz) boneless pork chops
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the Parsnips
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 15 ounces parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 8 ounce Yukon gold potato, cubed
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Chopped chives and parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and lightly coat it with cooking spray or some olive oil.
- Place the pork chops in a medium-sized bowl and coat them with the mayonnaise. In a small bowl, combine the panko, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper. Pour the breadcrumbs into the bowl with the pork chops and toss the pork chops until they are evenly coated with the breadcrumbs. Place the breaded chops on the sheet pan. Wash the bowls so you can reuse them to prepare the parsnips.
- In a small bowl, mix the mustard with the honey. Place the parsnips and potatoes in a medium-sized bowl and pour the honey mustard over the top of them. Toss them in the honey mustard until they are evenly coated. Spread the parsnips and potatoes on the sheet pan, around the pork chops, in an even layer.
- Top the parsnips with the bacon pieces. Transfer the sheet pan to the oven and bake it for 20 to 30 minutes or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. For extra crispy breadcrumbs, turn the oven to broil and place the sheet pan directly under it for a few minutes to further brown the breadcrumbs. Garnish the chops and parsnips with the chopped herbs before serving.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 705
- Sugar: 20.7g
- Fat: 23.7g
- Carbohydrates: 73.3g
- Fiber: 13.6g
- Protein: 48.5g
Keywords: sheet pan pork chops, breaded pork chops, honey mustard parsnips