Tender short ribs cook in the slow cooker, are tucked into tortillas and topped with a crisp and cool radicchio apple slaw.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds boneless short ribs, seasoned with salt and pepper on all sides
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup beef stock
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 head of radicchio, sliced thin
- 1 granny smith apple, cut into matchsticks
- 8–10 small flour tortillas
- Blue cheese crumbles for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Place the short ribs in the pan and brown them on all sides, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the short ribs from the pan.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook until softened, about five minutes. Transfer them to a slow cooker, including all the pan juices. Place the short ribs on top of the onions. Pour the balsamic and beef stock over the short ribs. Set the slow cooker to high and cook the short ribs for 3-4 hours or until they are fork tender.
- Once the short ribs are in the slow cooker, make the dressing for the slaw. Mix the mayo, lemon juice, honey, and salt together in a large bowl. Let the dressing chill in the refrigerator until the short ribs are done cooking.
- About 10 minutes before the short ribs are done, make the slaw. Place the radicchio and apples in the bowl with the dressing. Using a spatula or tongs, toss the slaw until everything is evenly coated in the dressing.
- Shred the short ribs and then build the tacos. Start by piling some slaw on a tortilla. Top with some shredded beef. Sprinkle some blue cheese crumbles over the top.
- Category: Main Course
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 527
- Sugar: 6.8g
- Sodium: 1127mg
- Fat: 29.6g
- Carbohydrates: 37.2g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 29.2g