Shrimp tossed with pasta and a simple tomato sauce with feta cheese is an easy 20-minute dinner. In the time it takes to boil the pasta the sauce and shrimp are ready to go.
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (14.5-oz) cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 10 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined (see note)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions.
- Heat the olive oil and garlic in a large pan over medium heat. Once the garlic is fragrant (should only take a couple of minutes), add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and salt. Increase the heat to bring it to a simmer. Simmer the tomatoes while the pasta cooks.
- Five minutes before the pasta is done, add the shrimp to the sauce and stir. Once the pasta is done, transfer it to the sauce and toss to coat it in the sauce. Add the basil and toss again. To serve, top each serving with some crumbled feta cheese.
This recipe works best with small shrimp, so look for packages marked 51-60 count per pound. You can use fresh or frozen shrimp. If you use frozen, you will need to thaw them first following the instructions on the package. If you use larger shrimp you will need to add them to the sauce sooner so they cook through.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipes
- Calories: 400
- Sugar: 8.4g
- Fat: 10.5g
- Carbohydrates: 52.3g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Protein: 24.9g
Keywords: shrimp pasta, shrimp fettuccine, easy tomato sauce