Easy slow cooker shredded beef sandwiches topped with sliced peppers, onions, and provolone cheese.
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef stock
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-pound boneless chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 hoagie rolls
For the Toppings
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Place the diced bell pepper and onion in the slow cooker. Pour the chicken stock over the top.
- Mix the seasonings together in a small bowl. Rub the seasoning on the beef, covering both sides. Place the beef in the slow cooker. Cook the beef on low for 9-10 hours.
- Shred the beef in the slow cooker using two forks. Add the Worcestershire sauce and check the seasoning. If needed, add additional salt, approximately 1/2-1 teaspoon. Place the bottom half of each hoagie roll on a baking sheet. Top each with some shredded beef and the cheese slices. Place the baking sheet under the broil until the cheese is melted, a couple of minutes should be enough. Top the sandwiches with sliced pepper and onion.
- Category: Main Course