Snow caps candy is an easy three-ingredient candy recipe with a peppermint twist! These chocolate candies decorated with nonpareils are a fun treat to make for the holiday season.
- 11 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 (3-oz) bottle nonpareils
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 15-second increments until completely melted and smooth.
- Stir in the peppermint extract and then transfer the mixture to a piping bag or ziploc bag with a corner cut off.
- Pipe quarter-size rounds of chocolate on the prepared baking sheet in rows. Let them set for two to three minutes at temperature and then sprinkle the nonpareils over each round.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the refrigerator and chill the candy for 20 minutes or until firm. Store the candy in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Candy
- Method: Melt
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 candy
- Calories: 21
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Fat: 1.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3.3g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 0.3g
Keywords: snowcaps candy recipe, homemade snow caps