A twist on an old favorite this pesto is made with fresh spinach, parsley, garlic, pine nuts, and asiago cheese. It’s great for pasta and sandwiches or used as a sauce for chicken and fish.
- 1/4 cups pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese, grated
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- In a food processor or blender first chop up the pine nuts and garlic, pulsing several times.
- Add in the spinach, parsley, asiago cheese, lemon zest and juice and salt. Blend until smooth stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl, if necessary.
- Slowly drizzle in 1/3 cup of olive oil while blending. You may want to add more depending on how thick you want the sauce. I added in one extra tablespoon, but do what feels right.
- Makes approximately 1 cup of pesto.
- Category: Sauces
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 126
- Fat: 12.5g
- Carbohydrates: 2.7g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 2.7g