Breaded and baked cauliflower florets tossed in a spicy sauce. These sriracha-lime cauliflower bites are an addictive appetizer!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place a 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs in a large resealable bag and add half of the salt. Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk them until the yolks and whites are completely combined. Place a baking rack on a sheet pan.
- Take half of the cauliflower florets and place them in the bowl with the whisked egg. Toss them with the egg until they are coated. Scoop them into a fine-mesh sieve or colander (I did this over the sink), reserving the extra whisked egg in the bowl, and let the excess egg run off.
- Transfer the cauliflower to the bag with the breadcrumbs. Seal it and shake the bag until the florets are evenly coated with breadcrumbs. Place the florets in an even layer on the baking rack on the sheet pan.
- Pour the other half of the breadcrumbs into the resealable bag along with the rest of the salt and repeat the same egg and breading process with the rest of the cauliflower florets. Once all of the breaded florets are on the baking sheet, lightly coat them with a few sprays of cooking spray. Bake the florets for 25 to 30 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are browned and the florets are fork tender.
- While the cauliflower bakes, make the sauce. In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, sriracha, and mayonnaise until combined.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven. Let them cool for a couple of minutes. Transfer half of the sauce to a large bowl. Place half of the florets in the bowl and, working quickly, toss them with the sauce. Add more sauce to the bowl and repeat with the rest of the florets. Place the cauliflower bites in a serving dish and serve immediately.
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrates: 19.3g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 7.9g
Keywords: sriracha-lime cauliflower bites, breaded cauliflower recipe