This chopped salad is loaded with veggies, tender rotisserie chicken, and all the crunchy add-ins like crispy bacon and sunflower seeds. All of it is tossed in a simple homemade honey-mustard dressing.
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 slices bacon
- 4 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 tablespoons shelled sunflower seeds
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped broccoli slaw mix (see note)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Whisk all of the ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl and set it aside.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Drain it on paper towels and then chop it into small pieces.
- Place all of the ingredients for the salad in the bowl with the dressing. Toss it all together until the dressing is evenly coating the salad.
I use a broccoli slaw mix for this recipe because it’s extra crunchy, but you can use regular coleslaw mix, too.
The dressing is enough for two salads, but you can double or triple it. It will keep in the fridge for several weeks as long as it’s in an airtight container.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Toss
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 693
- Sugar: 30.2g
- Sodium: 1450.2mg
- Fat: 50.6g
- Saturated Fat: 11.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 36.4g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 36.3g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Protein: 26.1g
- Cholesterol: 81.2mg
Keywords: chicken chopped salad, chopped salad recipe