This no-cook tomato sauce takes just minutes to make. Almonds give it a creamy texture (with no cream added!) and the tomatoes, herbs, and cheese is a delicious combination. In the time it takes to cook the pasta the sauce is ready to go.
- 12 ounces bucatini or other long pasta
- 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed (see note)
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 olive oil
- salt, to taste (see note)
- Boil the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the sauce. Place the garlic, tomatoes, almonds, basil, parsley and cheese in a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times until the tomatoes are broken down. With the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil until the mixture creates a smooth thick sauce.
- Drain the pasta and return it back to the pot you boiled it in (be sure the burner is turned off). Add the tomato sauce and toss until the pasta is evenly coated. To serve, garnish with extra grated Parmesan and chopped parsley or basil.
Raw garlic gives the sauce a spicy kick and I find two large cloves is plenty. If you don’t love garlic reduce it to one clove.
About the salt: I don’t add salt to mine, but everyone’s salt tolerance is different so give the sauce a taste before you toss it with the pasta. Add more salt if you think it needs it.
This recipe was inspired by Pinch of Yum and a recipe I found years ago in an issue of Cooks Illustrated.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 517
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Fat: 20.2g
- Carbohydrates: 70.1g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 15.2g
Keywords: tomato pasta, no cook tomato sauce, easy tomato sauce recipe