Lots of fresh veggies meet pasta in this one-pot tortellini primavera. It’s all tossed with a light and flavorful sauce for a delicious summertime dinner. This recipe is from the cookbook, Incredible One-Pot Cooking, by Megan Marlow and is being shared here with permission from the author.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into semicircles
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into semicircles
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 pound frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese, divided
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the oil and butter and allow the butter to melt.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the onion, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, carrots and bell pepper. Saute for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Season them with Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the stock and tortellini. Cover the skillet and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes or until the tortellini is cooked through.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and the lemon juice. Top the pasta with the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese before serving.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: One-Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 379
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Sodium: 689.2mg
- Fat: 16.5g
- Saturated Fat: 7.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 44.3g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 14.9g
- Cholesterol: 47.9mg
Keywords: pasta primavera, tortellini primavera recipe